Originally Posted by sixfive
In my opinion the 1900 action is a very strong and smooth action. The dovetail shaped twin locking lugs ride nicely in the action. The adjustable triggers on them are typically very nice as well.

I did a quick scan of some old catalogs I have, and between the Husqvarna, Carl Gustaf, and transitional models some seem to have had sights and some not. If your rifle with the Schnabel is a "Swede" model I have seen pictures of them with and without sights. As to the 7x57 caliber on a 9000 model, I guess the rollmarks on the barrel will indicate if it is a rebarrel or not. With Husqvarnas you never know what you might come across. Especially in the transitional era between Husqvarna and Carl Gustaf. I know for a fact that Carl Gustaf grade II models were offered with a 7x57mm chambering as a special order (at least in 1973). I don't have many Tradewinds catalogs with the 9000 model.

In any event I am sure both of you will enjoy your newfound 1900 Husqvarnas. They are a rifle to hold on too, that is for sure.

I thought that Tradewinds went from HVA 1600 series actions straight to the Krico rifles. To make things more confusing than necessary, Tradewinds called both the HVA and later Krico rifles their Model 5000.