Remington did have their issues when they started up. But ask old time Marlin users that bought back before they closed up The last few years Marlin wasn't putting out the best rifles. Their equipment was old, the guys that had to hand fit were old, and when I was on the Marlin Rifle forum years ago there were plenty of complaints back then too. Don't let anyone fool you Marlin wasn't producing 100% rifles for a lot of years. People knew about it and when to other Marlin people to get ideas on how to fix things. Remington put a deal together and didn't understand how bad the equipment was. They bought it cheap, but not cheap enough. They had to start from scratch. But at least you have a gun company building guns. It took them a while to catch up, but they are producing good guns. Are they perfect? Probably not, but they are as better than the guns Marlin was producing at the end. No one is producing perfect guns now. People need to get over themselves. I understand people that want older guns, and some that want newer guns, they are both out there. Pick your poison and pay the price. Remington's prices are pretty good right now. Too many internet geniuses telling people they are junk, is still driving the price down.

In case you are wondering most of my are older, but I've had a couple of the new ones and they worked just fine. They are like any other gun on the market. Look them over before you buy if possible.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain