Originally Posted by doubleDs55
Originally Posted by Spring1898
Originally Posted by renegade50

I dont dig crossbolt safety lever guns .
So buying a new marlin aint a factor to me.
And anything I buy I wanna check out in depth.

Everyone has heard the stories of game animals lives being saved by crossbolt safety guns.

Heck.... even heard em on here at times.

I used to feel the same way, but then I realized how many good rifles I would be passing over if I did that.
Harbor Freight O-Ring around the button has been purported to be a good fix. I can neither confirm nor deny that I use one. And it doesn't require any modification and can be applied or removed in the field.

Aside from that the last couple years of Marlin before the recent sale have been good in my opinion. Compare them to the golden age of machining when labor was cheaper, and one might be disappointed, but the recent 2016+ are certainly acceptable for use.

I can confirm it. A little o-ring on the hammer button {it even has a groove on it} keeps you from pushing the button in by accident.
So when us old timers want to shoot it won't be on safe because we forgot to push it in.
I keep my o-rings on all the time so it's like the old days, it can also be easily taken off with a little pick or your fingernail.
All that's required to disable/lock the crossbolt safety in the off position is a screwdriver. No O rings needed.