KC
Getting a scope that has a parallax adjustment is the fix. Dont ever think you can put your head is the same place on the stock. Aint happening. Why do I say that ? For several years I have been teaching LE precision rifle shooting. In helping/making them understand how much parallax can be a factor, we do a test. Like this.....
We all know we can put our head in exactly the same place on a stock, even the STAR stock which is more adjustable that any on the market. But have we ever demonstrated it ? NO WE HAVE NOT !
Here is how the test works. I use a very heavy shooting table with a 1/2 inch steel top. Bolt on a large vise. Clamp the rifle in the vise so it cant be moved. When using the STAR stock, I clamp in the action area, plenty of strength there. Let the shooter set behind the rifle and adjust the stock any way he/she wants. Lock down the adjustments. Then take a Sharpie, put a small mark on their cheek and another on their temple. Get them back on the the stock, comfortable, then use a dial indicator with a magnetic base and zero each on there respective marks. Have the shooter move off the rifle. Then back on . Use their cel phone to take photos or else they wont believe how far off they are.
The standard bet is $200 if they can do this 5 times in a row. I had one shooter who got on the marks 2 out of five. The rest never get back. I made enough money from these bets to buy a pickup from my brother.
This idea of getting on the stock the same way every time is great until you have to demonstrate it.

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj