Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Matt,

The list changes all the time these days--and burn rate is also dependent on specific cartridge/bullet application. What are you loading?

Without that specific info, would probably suggest CFE223.

I was thinking CFE223 is too slow for my application. I picked up a like new M70 classic compact in 308, and I would like to load 110 grain Nosler Varmageddons for coyotes. The Nosler Manuel indicates best accuracy with Benchmark, and N133 seems very similar, but I’d like to make the low copper switch with all my reloading, where practical. I’ve been using 24 grains of Benchmark and 50 grain BT’s in the 222 ever since Benmark came out 20 years ago. There are better options for coyote hunting, I know, but I like the reloading challenge, and any excuse to take the cute little rifle in the field. BTW, I’ve wanted a classic compact ever since you wrote about one in 7mm-08 in Rifle Magazine years ago. Come to think of it, you planted the seeds love in my heart for the 257 Roberts and 7x57 with respective articles in “Hunting Horizons” magazines when I was in college. Thank you! I am a shameless Acolyte.

Last edited by ColoradoMatt; 11/26/19.