I've known a few people that died from pain meds. Both where good productive family people that had a lot going right in their lives before getting injured and starting on pain meds.

I'm worried about a friend that just had back surgery last week. He's a hard worker with 5 kids. I told him to get off the meds as soon as he can, preferably before the stitches come out. I went through hell terrible withdrawls after flushing my pills and going cold turkey a few months after major back surgery. I took them as prescribed and became terribly physically dependent on them and would not wish what I went through after flushing what I had left on anyone.

I've seen it take down some great people. To brand them all as lazy worthless losers that the world would be better off without is complete crap. That description may apply to some or even many, mostly after they're addicted, but definitely not all. Wait until your best friend and hunting partner dies like mine did. Sometimes people just view others the way they really feel about themselves. Just like alcohol it kills good people too.

I feel like my worst addiction is spending time on the campfire. I think I'll sign out and go play with the kids.

Bb