I am working on a a 2018 bull at present that was aged two weeks. Still chewy. Besides hamburger which I have a lot of, I use a crock even for the steaks.

I cook them for about 7-8 hours with beef broth, olive oil, Greek Seasoning, pepper,and a little ground sage. They come out fairly dry ,so you want to save some juice to pour over. I usually do 2-3 at a time and eat one that day, then pull (shred) the rest to make sloppy joes sandwiches, or over biscuits or toast with gravy . About 1/2 way thru the 7-8 hours,I will throw in some cubed potatoes,carrots, and a little bit of celery . Also for a little different taste I sprinkle some dry brown gravy mix on the meat when first putting it in.

Do the same thing in the oven in a dutch oven or roaster, cook at 300-325 for about 5 hours.Cook 3-4 steaks at a time or a roast.

I also take 3-4 steaks out at time and sprinkle Adolph Meat Tenderizer on them after thawing. Put them in a sealed container over night in the refrigerator. Then cook one each day on the grill . Don't use any salt on these as the tenderizer will make them salty enough. These make great fajitas when sliced thin.

I had one bull that took me 5 years to eat and a cow moose almost 6 they were so tough.Luckily I shot a few cows during that time to switch back and forth.I shoot mostly cow snow during ML season as they eat better.Then I hunt rifle season the same year, for the fun of it.In my experience, with the no gut method, the loins/backstrap end up being the toughest because the meat is deboned before it has had the chance to go thru rigor mortis

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles