Probably.

Will note that I "built" my rifle on a 700 short-magnum rifle, already barreled with a #4 Lilja in 9.3 Barsness-Sisk, the one and only wildcat I will ever "develop." It has a Bansner High-Tech stock, and always shot very well.

This was for a short-deadline article on handloading the 6.5 PRC for the Hodgdon Annual Manual, and while a 6.5 PRC was definitely in my plans, I needed one for the deadline. Luckily, Lilja had one #4 contour 6.5 1-8 barrel in stock, so I bought it, and a Pacific Tool & Gauge reamer for Charlie.

I considered installing a Wyatt's box, but time was short so decided to see what might work in the "short" Remington magazine. Plus, I could test all the loads by single-loading anyway. Turned out the rifle shot most accurately with loads with a COAL length that fit in the standard Remington magazine, around 2.85". That may change with more shooting and "chasing" the lands, but so far it keeps shooting little-bitty groups with several bullets seated to 2.85". It's probably my latest favorite "modern" big game rifle, but then I'm one of those notoriously fickle rifle loonies.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck