I'm leaning towards it being the rifle. Rimmingtons aren't known for their quality anymore. Mine is spitting bullets all over the place.

That said, I still haven't ruled out the optical quality. I bought what I thought was a good scope, but I should have been looking at some others. This is my take. Coke used to be the top brand, but it's been slipping steadily. My first hint should have been when people started using "Coke bottle lenses" as a pejorative.

Perhaps I should be looking at RC or Pepsi. The biggest problem I see with them is they are using a lot more plastic. Frankly, plastics can't stand up to the abuse. I'm twisting the caps on and off a lot over the course of a day. They tend to break and the seal lets go. Poof! Then you got problems with moisture.

I was leaning toward the newer technology at first, but...My local store has been trying hard to convince me to take Coke's latest home. Coke Zero. They assured me that it has far less problems than their original. Apparently they called it Zero because it holds a Zero. I'm not convinced of the quality though. Once bitten , twice shy. The older shooters might remember when they tried dropping their original line about 15-20 years ago and circulated that new Coke. What a bust! They had to return to the original which they renamed "Classic".

Give me something that's solid and time proven item. Not off brands (Chinese perhaps?) with unusual stockular and subjective lenses.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I flat out told the local shop that I would never consider Dr. Pepper, any of the German brands like Afri or Club, or that crazy "Buck Snort" company from Idaho. WTF??!? The only good thing from Idaho is potatoes.

So, the search continues.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada