Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Originally Posted by Texczech
I was in "the 10 point club",, and " the 8 point club"' now it's just our family name club. Not much of a deer lease right now.They came in in may or June and clearcut the whole thing. They came back with a bulldozer a frontend loader and a giant chipper and cleaned.the whole place. A month later sprayed herbicides on the whole place then back first part of September and replanted pines.
that

is it really about the hunting anyway? I know several places I could hunt with more deer than around my place but to us it is used 8 months a year for family get togethers, atv riding, fishing and just good times.

No it isn't just about the hunting at all for us. It is about the comradery more than anything. We have be on the same 80 acres for over 11 years. We was only there for the 2nd or 3rd time when an old man came walking up on us. He introduced himself as a retired game warden and let us know he was only about 200 yards from our lease if we ever needed help.The old man has become my best friend and a lot of times I have gone to see Mr Bill when I never stopped by the lease. We have taught our grandkids how to shoot and camp on that place.we figure in 2 or 3 years when some cover grows back up the deer will hold in there again. We have doves turkeys hogs and deer. A quarter mile down the road is an accessible creek full of fish. Mr Bill and his wife have started having some health problems. They have sold there house and are buying a place in town. His farm and neighbors property that he has cared for for 20 years have gotten to much for an 86 year old man to take care of. As long as Mr Bill is alive I'll keep on driving that 55 miles to go to the "lease".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.