Originally Posted by jkinpa
@bsa1917hunter
do you have build specs on that rifle? Any chance you may have created a thread as you built her?

Thankfully I found it locally and couldn't pass up the deal. It looked ratty when I got her:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
You don't know how many times I painted that stock, to get it just right!!!

Its one of my rifles I'll probably never tire of and never sell. Its built right and the Brown PoundR stock has ergo's that help to mitigate the recoil of the 338wm. It's really not too bad to shoot. I've shot heavier 300wm rifles that just pond the chit out of you ,but this one is not bad at all... I love the looks of Scotty's Legend stock on his, but I don't believe they make the legend in Edge fill, or maybe Echols just changed that. If wanting to build something super light, I'd go with this PoundR, as I believe they don't recommend the edge fill in anything over 300wm in recoil level. The op is wanting something light, the PoundR is your huckleberry... See pic with scale above. That is my pre 64 338 wm before cerakote and paint...

It wears a 3.5-10x42 Zeiss conquest in PRW mounts now, so it's a damn solid/dependable rifle...:
Heres a pic of it in action just a month ago... The 338 hammers critters, big and small... Near and far... I wouldn't hessitate to use it on a big sheep. However, I wouldn't hesitate to use my Tikka T3x superlite 6.5 creedmoor, (or newest 300WSM Tikka T3 Deluxe) either... It just depends on what the op wants to be out there carrying around that day, I suppose... If I were going to take a long shot on a critter, I might just use a 300 magnum......... Here's that Tikka I just mentioned:

You could dial out to a different zipcode with this one... grin No sheep would stand a chance... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA