Originally Posted by whitearrow
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Has anyone shot the Blackout 110 gr. Barnes .30 cal out of a fast round?

I wonder if they'd be too expansive on critters at 3,200+ fps out of a .308 or '06.

DF

dirt not a complete answer to your question but a hunting pards son shot a buck this past wkend with said 110 barnes outta 300 bo at whatever velos come in factory loaded guise. i'm assuming 2,200ish fps at the spout and the buck ran over 100 yds with little blood to follow after a perfect tight behind the shoulder shot by the young lad at approx 65 yds. the bullet penciled thru it appears and i let it be known that barnes bullets need to run warp speed to be useful and not slow where they don't even open much prolly. i recommended the 125 bt if he was gonna run em slow for the boy. looking at the deer you couldn't even see an exit unless you peeled the hair and found a pencil hole.
Big Ed

Good info. I have 110’s and the machinery to blast them at “impressive” speed. Bet they’d make a splash at 3,400 or so. Maybe too big a splash. I’ve seen what a mess the 120 TTSX makes at 3,450 out of my 26 Nosler.

I’m a big advocate of balancing bullet design with speed for optimal performance. Monos are said to not have a velocity ceiling. Not sure that’s completely true.

DF