I acquired an amazing rifle this last November while hunting whitetail with my wife, uncle and good friend, It’s a pre 64 Winchester that was completely rebuilt by AL Biesen,
Part of the deal was that I have to hunt the rifle next opening day, Along side its previous owner as he fields his past father’s Remington 721 in 270 Winchester also built by Al.
So in preparation for this event which I’m looking very much forward too. I decided to get started and zero the rifle and work up a load. The obvious choice for me was 165gn nosler BT, 59grains of RL 22 and some Winchester brass I had laying around. I even scrounged up a vintage Winchester box to hold the ammo. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Here is the first shot fired from this rifle, in my ownership of it.

https://youtu.be/KBQQ19UwovE

It hit low and left, I made the correct and hit dead zero, I then moved the adjustments to a 1 1/2” above zero and fired three shots. I was very pleased with the results.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It’s now cleaned and in a special place in my safe that nothing else can bump into it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I’m very blessed to be able to obtain such an amazing rifle. 🙏
The Biesen has the steel but plate with compartment amazingly inleted pistol grip cap, with hand checkering that’s deep and beautiful. The metal has rich blueing that one can see no bottom in. The stock is English walnut. It’s original owner will always walk the field with the rifle as a silver coin with his Initials is meticulously and fit into the stock. To top it all off is a period correct Ziess 3-9x36 scope that tracked perfectly while zeroing. I will post more pics as I take them.