Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
I see that all circus hobbits should be forever castrated for hiring gunsmiths to cut the buttstocks off pre-64 Winchester model 70's.

The only good that comes of cutting off the butts of a pre 64 model 70 stock is you can use and enjoy them without worry of messing up said stock. Take the all original off and hunt with the one with a recoil pad added. You can find the ones that have been cut for good deals on ebay sometimes. I actually don't mind shooting them at the range with a newer recoil pad either. You can also glass bed those stocks without fear of reducing its collector value. So there are some positives to those gunsmiths cutting a butt down, as long as they don't cut it too short!!!! Here's one I put a recoil pad on recently. You guys have seen this rifle before. 30-06 featherweight I paid $475.00 for locally...:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This rifle is a little sweeter to shoot off the bench now.

Here it is in an all original stock:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
It would be sacrilege if someone cut a stock like this one down. In full agreement with you there buddy...

You bet BSA, I fully understand the use and good price of them, but, when someone cuts a butt, I have a bad habit of thinking McMillan and Cerakote! shocked laugh

Trump Won!