Originally Posted by greydog
Some art is truly in the eye of the beholder, I guess. My daughter once visited the national art gallery in Ottawa with her class. At one point, she noticed a shovel leaned up against the wall. She thought a workman had just misplaced his shovel until she noticed the little placard above the shovel. Now, I said I couldn't really see what was so artistic about an abandoned shovel and she told me it wasn't just the shovel but the act of abandonment, with the shovel left, leaning against the wall like it was. It was then that I had an epiphany and came to the realization that I was not just the lazy bum my wife has labeled me; I'm a freakin' artist! I've leaned up a lot of shovels in a lot of places; not just shovels either. I've leaned rakes, hoes, prybars, pruning saws, rifles, shotguns; if it could be leaned, I've leaned it.
If it is the act of abandonment, well, hell, I've abandoned everything from tools to articals of clothing. In many cases, I've done it so well the item has never again been seen.
This raises another question; if art can't be found to be seen, is it still art? I like to think so. GD
Eureka! The pitchfork I left stuck in a manure pile is worth 5 times my annual social security! I just need to put up a little sign calling it "Lazy old man".

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.