Update on Shazam.......

After early struggles finding a load, I put the project on hold, and screwed the 6.5 PRC barrel back on to get ready for deer season.

This week, with favorable weather in the forecast, I decided it was time to revisit the big six before winter showed up for good.

Reviewing my notes, I was at a loss on what to do next. I had a decent load with the 105 Hybrids, but wasn't happy with consistency, so I decided to give the 108 Hornadys a whirl.

I loaded up test loads with R-26 and H-1000. H-1000 was a bust, but the R-26 gave me hope. I raced home, loaded up 10 more rounds of 56 grains, drove back out, and shot two groups at 200. Wasn't real impressive, but......

I had 11 pieces of brass left on this cycle, so the following day I loaded them up, and drove back out to test at distance. I had been feeling that this barrel didn't like to get very warm, so I shot slow, and walked back & forth moving the target, so at 35 degrees, it was well cooled down for the next group.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Too bad the wind had got a little sporty by the time I got back to 450 yards. The target blew over twice while I was trying to find a log to weight it down. I couldn't spot the shots through the spotting scope either, as the mirage had kicked in as well. Pretty good showing regardless......I quit......