Originally Posted by Bristoe
The representative who wrote up that bill is from a small, fairly well to do community in Louisville. He has about 7500 constituents.

I'm no fan of Beshear. But even *he* is a Blue Dog Democrat. He knows that gun control won't fly in Kentucky.

A representative with 7500 constituents in one of the most liberal communities in the state can get away with writing a gun control bill that he knows will be dead on arrival. But he knows that it will be treated like a piece of toilet paper when it's dealt with in Frankfort.

Kentucky is a long, long way from passing an assault weapons bill.

The Beshear family is from the next county over, and the new governor's old man was pretty liberal for a "blue dog." I believe Steve is even more of a lib than his daddy, but he's not going to get much done with the GOP owning the House and Senate. No ban will be passed, I'm sure of that, but I'm also sure that he's going to try and get some other liberal chit passed.

It still pizzes me off that Bevin had to screw around and loss the election. There was no cause for it, not after Trump swept it like he did.