Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Originally Posted by beretzs
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Took this buck with my 270 Win and a 130 Tipper TBBC started at 3150. Deer was about 140 yards. I thought I was going to find the bullet but my old man caped it before I could get there. I suspect it was balled up in the hide. Broke far side leg and the deer ran 50 yards or so. Decent blood for only having an entrance hole.

Last year we took a good sized Wyoming cow at 250 with the 140 version started at 2900. High shoulder and spine put it down pretty neatly. Blew right on through.

I like them so far. They have been easy to get to shoot, in jugs they expand wide and hold up real well and seem pretty sleek.

I

Thats a hell of a nice buck. Guessing its a good one for that area.... Friend of mine lives in Northern VA and after I showed him the pic he agreed that's big for his area... What was the rifle you used.... Built a M70 with a Brux Barrel in 270, doesn't shoot the Federal load for sh*t... Wish it did, it would have been my primary rifle for sure.

It’s a P64 Featherweight... plain as the day it was made.

Oh, and that buck came from Northern NY, but Virginia does put out some good bucks now and again.

Semper Fi