Trust me, if you're just deer hunting with that .270, stick with those Sierra Game Kings. Out to 300 yards those Game Kings open up better and kill faster than about anything except maybe a Nosler Ballistic Tip or the Combined Technologies version of the Balliistic TIp, which is another fine bullet for deer. Game Kings are my favorite go to white tail bullet. No tip or other addtions necessary, just plain jane SGK or Ballistic Tip or CT Ballistic Tips. Now if you're going after bigger game yeah I might look into a fancier bullet design. But for deer inside 300 yards you won't beat a Sierra Game King or BT bullet for deer size animals . In fact, I don't use anything heavier than the 130 Grain. You don't need a premium bullet for white tail deer. A 130 grain Game King will penetrate just right and expand perfectly on deer. I also use them on hogs with stellar results. Now for Elk and bigger, I won't chance them. Some people use them on elk size critters but there's better bullets to be had on animals that big. But for deer it's not only adequate, it's better in my opinion.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/29/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!