When I loaded for the guys I hunted with I was very leery of pushing velocity and pressure in those rifles. I packaged the loads with the exact data on the box. I carefully explained that these loads were for that rifle and that rifle alone and that not only should there be no expectation of any accuracy whatsoever in another rifle, but that the loads could very well be unsafe in any other rifle. I did stay inside SAAMI specs for OAL and velocity (pressure). My own ammo in my own rifles I have on occasion pushed a little on OAL and pressure searching for best accuracy. It makes me twitchy that someone could get hold of some of my reloads and put some of them in the wrong rifle even though all my ammo is labeled for the specific rifle it was developed for. Better for rifles with good reason not to push loads in that we don't do that for the reason that it may wind up in a weak rifle. In most of the rifles I own they have plenty of power for anything I might choose to do with them and there is zero NEED to push them. The couple of rifles that prefer monos to be up tight against the lands remain a problem though.

I find that as I get older, anything that pushes the limits becomes much less attractive to me. There's always a good way that is safer to get there it seems.