Originally Posted by BC30cal

4th point:
Good afternoon to you Jason, I hope the second weekend in December was a good one for you and this finds you and yours well.

While I'm in no way involved in anything even peripherally connected to the procurement of the new Arctic Ranger's arm, as an interested arms enthusiast and tax payer who is funding the project, I've done as much research on the subject as I'm able to. wink

For those not completely familiar with the new arm or even the Arctic Rangers for that matter, here's a decent video on the Finnish made version.

If I recall correctly from reading some of the reports at the time, the stainless Ruger was in contention as well, but Ruger would not give up manufacturing it in house - I can't say I blame them one bit either by the way - but part of the procurement conditions were it was to be manufactured by Colt Canada who also do the C7A2 for our military and I want to say some Canadian LEO use too.

From what I've been able to read and understand, the Arctic Rangers are likely quite "average" in how they use and/or abuse their gear, so some would be fastidious in cleanliness and maintenance and some much, much less so...

That said, the Arctic is sorta serious country where if one's gear doesn't work it may well mean one gets to sort one's theories on the afterlife faster than one had anticipated, you know? grin

We hunt in plenty rough country here in the southern BC mountains, but the Arctic it emphatically is not and most honest folks will admit that.

For that matter, I'd say that the prairies with their extreme cold showed a few more "interesting" wrinkles in hunting arm failures than I've typically seen here in BC. That said, horse and quad wrecks here in BC have had me repairing a few multi fractured stocks over the years.

Anyway, just a few random thoughts on the Ranger C19 rifle from the warm part of north of the medicine line and not much more.

All the best to you folks and Merry Christmas as well.

Dwayne

Greetings Dwayne. Thanks for the post and info. I've been out of the rifle game and the Fire for much of 2019, and it's nice to see your words. Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

Jason