Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Technoman26
I'm bored and looking...

So, just curious at this point but if you were in the market for a new 243 Win, what would you consider? I already have some ideas where I'm gonna end up, but would be curious to hear what some others think. And to get this out of the way right up front, the answer isn't a different headstamp. Not going to entertain 6.5CM or 6CM, 6mm-06 or any other 6mm cartridge. Answers should be speaking specifically to the 243 Win cartridge in your choice of factory bolt action rifle. Would also be interested to hear why you suggest something. Personal experience? You're brother's, girlfriend's, uncle's, cousin shot a record book muley with it?

Price could also be a consideration so, let's try to keep it to factory bolt action rifles under $1000.

Go...

A Weatherby Weatherguard and whatever style of McM stock that you prefer would come close to your budget.

That said, when I move back to NH I may be looking for lighter rifles to carry up and down those hills.

I got the lightweight deer rifle covered for up north. Actually a couple times over. Have an XTR featherweight 06 in a Brown Precision and a Pre-64 featherweight 270 win in a Brown Pound'r. And a couple others that get to make that trip too. smile

This 243 quest is for fun. Mostly would be a coyote killer.