Very successful week in Kansas!

10 minutes into shooting light, a 4 pt walked by my stand at about 30 yards. Based on the mounts at the base camp, I knew he was very young, so I passed. Does kept appearing and fading away.

About 45 minutes later, a young doe raised her tail and started sprinting around (not disturbing the other does).Fun to watch, but my attention went to this 8 pt slowly walking in my direction (ranged a hay bale at 150 yds). He turned sideways and I hit him behind the shoulder. He ran straight for 50 yds and jumped straight up but behind a rise. Turned out he hadn’t moved from that spot. Estimate was 175 lbs- not huge but respectable. Maybe I should have been more patient, but he was considerably bigger than the first one I saw.

https://imgur.com/a/bpRz9Aw

Next morning from same stand I filled my antlerless tag with what turned out to be a button buck at 80 yds. He ran straight for 75 yds and piled up.

I had taken enough ammo for a small revolution. Only used 7 rds (5 prior to hunt confirming zero), so 2 mags would have been enough. Variable scope never left 7X. 165 SPBT were all clean pass through with great exits and internal damage.

6 of us in camp all took bucks ( last one with 1/2 hr left on last day).

Old Navy guy, happy grandad!