I’ve been really pleased with my Sauer 100 over the past couple of years. I made the following comparison to it and my Tikka T3X awhile back:

I've got both a Tikka T3x SS in .300 Win and a Sauer 100 XT in 6.5 CM, both purchased in the fall of 2017. The Sauer, IMO, is every bit the equal of the Tikka in terms of accuracy, fit and finish. Accuracy wise, both are sub-MOA shooters with both my handloads and factory loads, the 6.5 CM probably a bit more accurate with factory loads. The Sauer feels like it has a higher grade polymer stock and I really like how it feels, however, it has a LOP of 14 1/2" which is a bit longer than I like and the Tikka just fits me better. Also, while both come with a pretty hard recoil pad, it is easy to switch out the Tikka's for a Simms Limbsaver, which I have really appreciated on the .300 Win. I don't think Simms makes one for the Sauer and I'm glad it's in 6.5 CM.

Both have outstanding triggers that are easily adjusted without taking the action out of the stock. I have both set at 2 3/4" pounds and they break like glass, but I like the feel of the Sauer just a bit more. The Sauer also has a flush fitting 5-round magazine, whereas the Tikka is a 3 round magazine even in non-magnum cartridges. The Sauer is about 1/2 lb. heavier than the Tikka, some of that weight I attribute to the longer stock and the fact that it has metal bottom metal rather than polymer like the Tikka. The Sauer is finished in a semi-glossy blue, whereas from what I recall of the Tikkas, they are a matte blue.

Regarding the safeties of each, the Tikka has a 2-position and the Sauer has a 3-position. One thing I noticed about the Sauer is that while hunting, the large safety has moved to either the middle position or even the "fire" position, probably as a result of catching on brush. It would be better if it had a flat safety like the Tikka, rather than a somewhat large toggle-like safety, which would likely prevent that. The actions on both are super smooth, with the Tikka's bolt being slimmer. The Sauer rifle is backed by a 10 year, sub-MOA for 5-shots warranty and I don't know what Tikka's warranty is.

All in all, I've been extremely pleased with both rifles and they both are my best shooting rifles of the several high-power ones I own. A guy could not go wrong with either rifle, but if I could only keep one, I'd choose the Tikka because it's 1/2 lb. lighter, stainless steel, has a better recoil pad and has a LOP that makes it quicker to shoulder.