I just got off of the phone with Karl from Alaska Bullet Works in Juneau. He has agreed to make up some 220 grain super bonded flat nose .35 cal. bullets and plans to start putting them together after the new year starts. These bullets will have the similar jackets to the 250 grain version which has a good reputation here in Alaska and Canada. According to Karl, the jacket on the 250 grain bullet is .025 thick at the nose and tapers to .050 at the base. Which helps with expansion at lower impact velocities and the thick jacket in the rear and bonding should stop fragmentation and create a deep wound channel.

The 220 grain weight in that bullet style will turn the .356 Win. into a 200-250 yard moose gun. Especially if the first shot goes into the lung area. I think it will be a good bullet for the .35 Rem. also, and told Karl a 200 grain version with the same construction would sell well for .35 Rem users. This bullet costs more money then a 220 grain Speer, but for me in Alaska it is well worth it if it increases my odds of a clean kill with several hundred pounds of moose in the freezer. I will also have the option of using the cheap 220 grain Speers for practice.

Alaska Bullet Works in Juneau at 907-789-3834. Please give Karl a call if you are interested in this bullet. I have no stake in this other then a desire for a 220 grain version of their very good bullets.

I have been getting 45-70 bullets from him for years and recently .35 caliber bullets. He calls me when he mails them and tells me to send him a check after I receive them. I have never met him, but he is a pleasure to deal with on the phone. Just a good old timer in Alaska!