Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Great bull! What bullet did you use in that 290AI? I used the Speer 160 Hot Core in one back in '94

Just saw this, 280 AI (I'm sure that's a typo), 160gr Accubond. Out of 4 only one didn't pass through, recovered it and assuming all the others looked like this, I won't be shooting anything else anytime soon. He only went probably 30 yards, but I had heard from Newberg and Rinella ad nauseam to keep shooting until he's done. First shot was easily registered as a hit by my hunting buddy, apparently it clipped the back of his front shoulder blade (bull broadside facing to my right). He stumbled forward a few steps not putting weight on that leg and then stood stationary with that leg held up a little, I then put #2 and #3 in him very quickly and he staggered forward a few yards and slumped down onto his belly behind some short brush. After that Mike kept watching him in his binoculars and within a minute he told me he had picked his head up, so I went down the ridge to my left and set up where I had a clear shot. That 4th one hit him and he rolled over on his back and slid down the hillside out of sight.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]