Originally Posted by tcassem
I have bought quite a few 336s. Do you know the year or at least the first two letter/number of the serial number? Without a scope I usually pay $350 $425. People do pay a little more for the 35 Remington as opposed to the 30-30. I cannot tell from the picture but is there a cross bolt safety? Again, many people will pay a little more to not have this feature.

What does the tag say on it? Model number? Is the stock walnut or birch, hard to tell. Also, I would not pay much for that scope.

I don't have much info, as I bought the gun over the phone, from a reputable shop I deal with. He just said older, 4 digit serial number and very clean aside from the little bit of rust I mentioned on the back side of the receiver. I don't see a crossbolt safety, and with a 4 digit serial # I doubt it has one. I will pic the gun up tomorrow then I'll have a better idea.

I agree with you on the scope, don't place much value on it either, but for the price, and the scope went with it, I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people