Picked up the gun late this morning. Brought it home and looked it over thoroughly. Pretty clean, 2 minor scratches in the buttstock and the little bit of rust on the off side of the receiver. Does not look like it ever received much use, the rust was probably from storage.

Took the scope off, I was thrilled to find the scope was housed in old school Weaver Pivot rings and bases.

Cleaned off the rust with OOOO steel wool and oil, hardly noticeable now. Just used a little bit of Old English scratch cover oil on the wood firniture and it came out nicely, stock has a mild fiddleback in it.
Oiled the metal and wiped it off, the gun didn't really need much, it is really in great condition.

Serial number beginning with "U" would put the gun as manufactured between August 1960 and August 1961 according to the datecode link from Tikkanut.

The base/rings will go back on, they weren't done with locktite, and I have a Denver Redfield 4X with post/crsshair I will probably put on the gun.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people