The old Woolrich was the best. Haven't bought anything from them in 20 years so can't speak to the quality now.

35 years ago, my parents bought me a green and black plaid jacket that over time I just plain wore out. My mother sewed patches on the elbows for me (who does that anymore?) and still wore it until it just finally was nothing more than a collection of wool thread. I still have a pair of their wool Malone pants. I remember when I bought them probably 20 years ago I bought size 36" because they didn't have 32" or 34" and just cinched them up with a belt and suspenders

They must have shrunk a whole lot in the past 20 years cause now I can barely get them buttoned. blush

They are still up in my closet in a garment bag full of moth balls. Bust them out every once and a while when it is really cold and I don't have to bust through briars.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~