357 MAXimum?... boy, now your talking! This has been on my brain for years now, even more since finding a few hundred MAXimum brass and 4 boxes of Remington (green and yellow) ammo at a yard sale of all places! Sold the four boxes of ammo to a friend that has four Ruger MAXimum pistols NIB for the price I paid for the whole batch of brass & ammo, making the brass ‘free’.
Now, I’m a bit of a Ruger No.1 collector. I’ve looked for an ‘affordable’ CHP No.1 with the idea of reaming it to MAXimum. The closest I’ve gotten to acquiring one was one just under 1K, but I had just spent a bit more than that for another No.1 in another caliber and was underfunded in gun money. In retrospect I should have bought it anyway!
I just purchased a Henry Single Shot in 357 Mag with the notion of running a MAXimum reamer in it. It would be easier to make reamer chips in a four hundred dollar gun than a rare No.1 that might run fifteen hundred and kill the collectability....
In the past I had a Contender Carbine with an MGM 18” stainless barrel in 357 MAXimum and was pleased with it. I’m not sure why I sold it(!).
I agree with a post above - the standard 357 Magnum probably does well enough.
I have a decision to make on the Henry SS, -sell the MAXimum brass,.. or rent a MAXimum reamer!

Last edited by Alaninga; 12/22/19.