Though I don't have or have ever had a 30-30, I've shot cast bullet (mostly gas checked) reduced loads in my collection of WW1/WW2 military bolt rifles for around 20 years with great success. Calibers ranging from 30-40 Krag, 30/06 Springfield, .303 British, 7.62X54 Russian, and German 7.92mm (8mm) Mauser. Casted fairly hard using a variety of powders that include Red Dot, IMR 4227, 2400, Unique, and my favorite that works great for all calibers Accurate 5744 (works good also for more stepped up loads). 5744 is a favorite of gun writer of Mike Venturino who edited and wrote many of the articles in the newest Lyman Cast Bullet Reloading book. A must book for any lead bullet caster and reloader. I've seen various reduced loads for the 30-30 for target and informal shooting. Reduced cast lead bullet loads are fun to shoot, easier on the body and gun, and are way cheaper to shoot than higher fps jacketed bullet loadings. The only military rifle I don't shoot reduced loads in are my M1 Garands, as they need a certain power level to operate the piston. I plan on doing some cast bullet/reduced loads for my 250 and 300 Savage 99's next year, just have had the 250 99G a short year and just recently obtained the 99R 300 Sav. Big fan of reduced loads, although I do get brave and reload and shoot 'the big stuff'!