Originally Posted by wink_man
So I just recently came upon a 1960 vintage Marlin 336 in .35 Remington, as I posted in the Marlin 336 forum the other day. Gun is pristine, 3 minor scratches in the wood and blueing is like 98%. Doesn't look like it was hardly used, and how much can a eastern woods rifle be shot, I mean sight in in, take a few shots each year you hunt to make sure it held zero, and hopefully get a shot or 2 at a deer. The rifle looks more like it sat for years in a closet.

So I figured to give it a thorough cleaning today, and coincidentally, my son gave me an early Christmas present of a Teslong borescope.

First 3 patches on the top left are a dry patch to push the loose crud out, and then 2 soaked in Hoppes #9. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then ten strokes with the bore brush soaked in the same, and sit for another 20 minutes. then the lower left 3 patches and it looks decent. A few dry patches, then the first patch on the right, soaked in Shooters Choice and let it sit in the barrel for 20 minutes, followed by 20 strokes in & out with the bore brush followed by 3 wet patches with the Shooters Choice, and I can't find a bit of dirt or "blue" on the last patch so I say to myself, this bore is immaculate, there isn't any copper in there.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

So I figured I'd prove to myself how well I can clean a gun and got the borescope out and got it working and holy chit, I'd have never believed there could be any copper in that bore and I was WRONG again, LMAO.

Plenty of copper in there, despite the fact I'm sure the gun has a low round count.
So my question is, is it that Shooters Choice not a strong enough copper remover and I need something stronger like Montana Extreme, or is it going to require JB bore paste to get this copper out?

How does it shoot?

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'