Originally Posted by simonkenton7
He has to be paying taxes or else, DeKalb County would take the house and sell it on the courthouse steps.
Obviously he quit paying homeowner's insurance, I guess he couldn't afford it.

The trust is paying the taxes. When the trust runs dry, if it does before he dies , then it will be sold on the courthouse steps.

This was rare 50 yrs ago. Now it seems more common. My nephew is 38 yrs old now and living in my moms basement for at least 8 yrs. He became addicted to some pain killers when he hurt his back. ( I dont believe that though) . I saw him last night at moms Christmas party. He went from the basement and out the garage and never said a word to anyone. I said hi and asked how are ya. He mumbled good and left. It is not only the kid that wont leave the basement , it is my mom that does not have the heart to kick him out. His dad cares but has his own life, his mom, ( my sister ) cares but just does not have it to call the sheriff and have him removed cause he will have no place to go but under a bridge or at my sisters house , that is his parents. He was a good kid and dont know when it went bad. He is a carpenter and makes $35 hr. but he only works about 1 day a week. He sleeps till he is hungry and then takes food out of the fridge like he bought it . He is from a working family , we all work. His two sisters are very smart with good kids and money to boot ETC. The libertarian part of me sais , it's his life , but it is tearing my mom apart cause she sees it every day . This guy listens to noone an always thinks he is right.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23