I have a couple MR packs, Pop Up 18 and Scree. The more I use them the less I like them. I used the Scree a lot last summer day hiking, fishing, setting up trail cams, stuff like that. It pushes "funny" on my back and though comfortable initially, I'm pretty sore at day's end with it. It was a replacement for the previous year's Kelty Red Wing 32. It will go on the burn pile as the Kelty did and be replaced by a Recon from The North Face. I lugged the Pop Up 18 around through 2 deer seasons and 1 elk season. It doesn't have enough organization or volume, couldn't lug my sacks in it and have any room for anything else. It rides somehow off center / pushes harder on one side of my back than the other. It's not a win, not a long term solution, but I don't really have a viable replacement yet. The 28 would likely be a better choice but since both MR packs fit sort of off-center / "hinky", I don't see investing in another, it's time for some other brand. I'm pondering a return to a Badlands 2200, a pack I abandoned several years ago. So far the successors have been downgrades.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...