Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by 175rltw
I hunted one day with a guy who used the gun bearer and after that I always made / make excuses why I’m unavailable. I don’t like thinking about other guys rifle all day, and slings in general and the GB in particular just sort of always make me wonder how much attention the other guy is paying. Occupies too much of my mind. Takes me out of the hunt

Are you saying you're a "hand on the rifle" all day kind of guy? I guess I can see that mindset from some, but I am having trouble reading into what you posted. General question with no offense intended.

I'm guessing he is referring to the barrel position of a rifle carried in a gun bearer. I could see it making someone nervous to walk in front of the person wearing a gun bearer while treking up a steep hillside. Maybe while the person behind bends over on flat ground as well? Aside from that, the barrel position is always a known and is controlled...at least in the manner I use it. If for some reason there was a discharge the bullet path should be up and safe....the muzzle blast for the carrier could be an issue. My chamber's usually empty when I'm using it...and it's very rare for me to hunt with someone else so it's not something I give much consideration.

Example pic that's very close to the way I carry with it...muzzle blast from an AD could be hard to handle but bullet path should be safe:

[Linked Image from cdn.nexternal.com]