Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by 66niteowl
I’d like to have one with the 4.25 , but not for 1500.00 , kinda steep

It is a lot cheaper than a used one

If history is any indicator, that will change. When Winchester re-introduced rifles with CRF and the claw extractor, the price of pre-64's tumbled. In the handgun world, Colt Mustangs were trading at our local gun show for +/-$600, depending on condition. Colt started making the Mustang again, and just like that, the demand for the old models all but evaporated. Only collectors were interested in them.

I expect to see something similar with the Python. The days of a scratched up, old model Python with a 6" barrel fetching $2800+ are over. People that paid that much will have no choice but defend their decision in an effort to keep the market price as high as possible, but in the long run, it won't make a difference. Demand will fall off steeply. Of course, if the new models have any significant flaws, or if Colt has changed the action, then the old models will hold more of their current value. I wouldn't bet on that happening, however.

Just my two cents--I'm sure I'll get change back...

I don't disagree but, IMO it all depends on the action. To me the smoothness off the Python action is what set it apart

Last edited by jwp475; 01/01/20.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first