I'm in a situation that involves some back wages owed to me, and have been for some months now.

For a period of time I had been being paid at a rate that accounting (boss's wife) "thought" I was to be paid. However, that was not the rate I had been told I would receive and had agreed to work for. My records, as well as their admittance, shows a balance of just over $4000 owed to me.

I have received a substantial raise since that time period, but those back wages have still not been made right.

I had the 3rd conversation concerning this matter with my boss today, and I got the same answer as I did the past 2 times....
Quote; "I dont know, I'll have to talk to "name of wife" about it."

Again, that's the 3rd time I've been told this.

Call me skeptical or just aggravated, but it doesn't seem like this matter is a priority of concern to my boss... and I am feeling a bit blown off by lack of responsibility taken to rectify the matter.

Obviously I'd like to get PAID.
I know all about catching more flies with honey than with vinegar, but my patience (and attitude) is running pretty thin.

That said, I'm wondering if some here might have some suggestions as to "what next."

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)