yes i read all about those Black Jack bullets ,watch videos had the rifle built by a extremely good Machinist who has built rifles that have won national 1000 yard titles. its not the rifle because i built 2 rifles 257 Creedmoor #7 Brux barrel and a 257 Roberts #4 Brux barrel both 7 1/2 twist both loved Nosler 115 gr. B.T. , tried 3 powders my groups so far with the Black Jack bullets have not been consistent even with the recommended powder ,so Reloader 17 has been excellent 115 B.T. bullets and just ok with 131 gr. Black Jack bullets. i am shooting off a cement bench ,enclosed shooting house ,very little wind,with very expensive rests,i have shot alot of bench competition.but like i said maybe its the powder ? or these bullets shoot better farther away ? i have seen that happen a couple of times. my 257 Weatherby groups better at 150 yards over 100 yards always ,so i will find out this winter weather permitting. the 257 Roberts i built is going to be a present to a grandkid but does it shoot well,its a real nice Remington 30 express commercial grade with all the bells and whistles grandpa could do . its a 1/2 inch or better rifle with those B.T.`S at 100 yards all day with my 66 year old eyes and glasses. so as far as the 131 grain bullets i will try some other options too at 100 yards. i have tried 4350 ,h414 and reloader 17 , with Reloader 17 so far being the most consistent i am weighing new Lapua brass too for the 257 Creedmoor, the 257 Roberts shoots any brass well the only answer so far is why ?and what next ?more powder less powder another size type brand > i hate fussy rifles but sometimes i do figure it out.its not the rifle,caliberor the cartridge because both rifles love 115 B.T.`S just seems strange ?

Last edited by pete53; 01/05/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman