Originally Posted by bamagun01
Nice read and info. I’m planning on taking my kids this year or next on a DIY hunt in WY. Time is the biggest obstacle. We’ll each have 5 points or more. I’d prefer a deer / antelope hunt since we have the points for both. Trophy animal is a plus but not needed.
Recommendations appreciated.

Lots of great areas for your PP and no guide needed. Plenty of region tags for deer that would be a good hunt as well. The combo is doable but you may need more days for the deer.
No use in wasting those pronghorn PP without taking a nice buck. It will be easier to get a good pronghorn than a nice mule deer , I'm talking mature bucks either species.
You will save a ton by going DIY and have the pride on knowing you didn't need the help of an outfitter to get your animals. You'll see plenty of bucks, pronghorn, in a 5+PP area and pressure will depend on when you come out, avoid opening week.
Best mule deer hunting is late Oct for pre rut bucks showing up with doe groups.
An antelope only trip would leave time for fishing or bird hunting as well. Good fun for the kids.