Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Pics are totally necessary in this instance, as well as maker's name, length, weight, number of rod sections, and any pertinent info written on the rod butt.

I've had a love affair with split cane rods for many years, and frankly I've been lax these last few years. But, I haven't forgotten what I learned. The problem with $10 yard sale bamboo fly rods is that 99 times out of 100 that's about what they're worth. There was a huge difference in quality between "hardware store" grade factory-made rods and handmade rods from the benches of noted craftsmen (but not always- exceptions to the rule abound). The result is there are a ship load of crummy rods out there and not all that many really good ones. All too often uninformed but well meaning gents think they have a rare treasure- such is the mystique surrounding split cane rods- when in actuality they have one of about 100,000 a maker made that may or may not have value solely as a mediocre fish-catching tool.

I was on the road all last week. I'll get what I can posted up here soon. I doubt it is anything special but am just curios as to what it is.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.