Piggybacking on MCH's thread.

Many years have passed and I honestly can't say if it came to me via father or his father, but I too have an old bamboo rod. About 9.5', the 3 pieces measure a meter each. Zero markings. It's hexagonal in shape cept toward the tip. It is packaged with a wooden dowel that has grooves lengthwise along the exterior for the pieces to lay down in for protection. Aluminum reel seat with simple slide lock. Can't say forsure but it's medium large trout weigh. Very nicely done wrapping and finish. Golden orange and red wrapping with extra detail wrapping.

Mine is a three piece rod, however, there are two different tip sections with it. Four pieces total. One lighter than the other... Err one stiffer. The lighter one has some crown to it

Curious if this was ever in fashion to equip a rod with two tips for different conditions?

Second question, the Al male ferrel on the base piece needs reglued. Super glue? Or or better use some hot melt?

I think it will look good on a wall... I just bought a new 3wt rod and threatening to go use it someday when the stars align. Apparently I live in fly fishing paradise and will likely seek more advice later on but time is too short to matter much now...

Thanks in advance for any info.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?