There are fast barrels and slow barrels.I once did a test on four 7mags shooting the same 160gr load.One must also keep in mind,just because it's the same load,the amount of freebore has an affect on velocity too.At the time I wasn't looking for a load that was specifically tailored for each rifle,I was looking for a load that shot really well in all four.First rifle was a Ruger 1V with a 24" barrel,velocity ran 2960fps.Next was a 26" barrel Remington 700 Sendero,velocity ran 3000fps.Next was a Remington 700 with a 24" Douglas barrel,velocity ran 3050fps.The last rifle was a Ruger 1B with a 26" barrel,velocity ran 3100fps.So that was quite a spread even with same length barrels.Without a chronograph there is no way of knowing what your velocity is.You can't go by how it kicks either.A faster burning powder can sometimes give you a lot less felt recoil,but a much higher velocity.I've even had some of the slower burning powders,using the same charge weight,giving a big difference in felt recoil and velocity.The one that had the highest felt recoil ended up with the lowest velocity.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............