In another thread Loggah asked about a December 1994 letter I received from Roe Clark regarding my RT. Here is the relevant text of the letter:

"There are several possibilities to explain your rifle; 1. It is possible that this rifle was made up for an employee, using whatever parts he found available. 2. A small quantity of rifles may have been assembled for a specific dealer or distributor. 3. Possibly it may have been assembled to reduce the amount of parts inventory, as the plant was to be removed to Chicopee Falls in 1946.
Production records show that this serial number, 4320XX was made shortly prior to November 1945.
This was not a standard offering in this caliber, nor style. The caliber .30/30 barrel must have come from the "Service" department, as this caliber was not at that time offered in the catalog.
I am sorry that I am unable to offer you any specific information for this unique rifle."

Unfortunately (in my opinion), this sheds no new light on the "RT". We now know that this is not a "unique" rifle, and there are enough of them to rule out something made up for an individual employee. His possibilities 2 and/or 3 are still relevant, I think. (If the sole purpose was to use up barrels on hand, why not just slap an EG forearm on it? So possibility 3 doesn't explain the "RT" forearm.)

Last edited by Jaaack; 01/10/20. Reason: Added last sentence in ()