Ran into a super deal on a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 (#66090) scope yesterday. List was $499.99. A tag on it stated is was discounted to $329.97. A second clearance tag said $247.47. I was interested, but it got better.

It was a demo scope and was mounted in Leupold QRW2 rings, which have an MSRP of $121.99 and a street price of $50 and up.

And it got better yet. There was another tag on it that said “25% off”. The scope and rings got rung up for $185 total.

OK, it was missing an adjustment cap and one of the rings was missing two screws. But it gets better.

A couple years back I sent a 3.5-10 to Leupold for a reticle and turret upgrade. The scope was old enough that the gas port was on the horizontal adjustment and they couldn’t put a turret there. Instead they gave me a credit, with no expiration date. The scope I bought yesterday will go back to Leupold for horizontal and vertical turret upgrades and I’ll only have to pay for one of them. Might get a reticle upgrade as well, still to be determined.

With the QRW2 rings any Weaver/Picatinny rail will work and I had been looking for such a setup for one f my rifles.

I’ll order a couple screws for the rings from Leupold on Monday, along with the turret upgrade.

Sometimes stuff happens and sometimes it is pretty damn good stuff. smile

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.