Originally Posted by KC
...I have seen a couple of recent videos which portray California as a sesspool. One stressed that for those who live elsewhere and think that Californians are exagerating, they are not. Apparently CA has more homeless people than the rest of the country combined. People are schitting on the sidewalks and it's so pervasive that you have to watch where you walk. Gas costs $4.50/gallon. Gun laws are getting more and more restrictive. You now have to use non-lead bullets to hunt anywhere in the state. Power outages are common and the utility company is bankrupt. Real estate prices are ridiculously high.

I've heard that droves of middle class working people are migrating out of CA to other more healthy places...Is it really true? Is it limited to the big cities? Are the rural areas still OK?

While California certainly isn't a cesspool, there are cities with "skid rows" where several blocks may contain a high density of homelessness. These are not areas where normal people find themselves. A tiny portion of these homeless are so whacked out that they know no better than to crap wherever the urge strikes them. Others figure out where public facilities are available. Also it is common to see homeless people in high density population areas away from cities.

Gas costs ~$1/gallon more than just about anywhere else in the country. That is a fact of life. The real reason for this seems to be to fund the bloated government agencies, insane number of liberal programs and pork barrel projects.

Across the board, gun laws are much worse than most other areas of the country. In Los Angeles it is virtually impossible to get a concealed carry permit.

In nearly 60 years I've never experienced a power outage, except for the rare occasion when a storm or accident might have temporarily interrupted power. But I have heard of other areas which have suffered rolling blackouts.

Real estate prices are in fact ridiculously high.

The majority stay because they're F'ing liberals and wouldn't have it any other way. Some people get tired of one thing or other, give up, quit and move elsewhere. Others stay and fight because of friends, family, businesses, etc, not allowing themselves to be pushed out, and continue to be the minority voice against overwhelming liberalism.

Attached are a few photos which may provide a sense of my own view of California.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg