You can un-retire too. I talked with a lady who un-retired three times and when you aren't drawing your SS, it can be building up. I lost my first wife to lung cancer when she was only 54, but because we had been married for more than ten years and I was old enough to collect SS, I could get her SS amount and let my own continue to build up. I was in good health and the fact that I loathed my national sales manager, I pulled the plug early. Sure SS builds up a little each month the longer that you don't take it, but are you going to be better off physically at age 70 with a larger check than you were 8 years earlier at age 62 when you could be more physically active and better able to go places and do things?

Hanco, as a trades guy with the skills that you have, you can work side jobs as much or as little as you want to. We had to sign a non-compete paper in our industry, but if that doesn't apply to you, have at it.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory