Originally Posted by bwinters
I've joined the plastic pistol club. I bought a Glock 48 a couple months back and have been shooting it. I really like the simplicity of the Glock platform, weight, and dependability. Trigger still sucks but I'm looking at alternatives.

I've been pondering a Glock 20/40 for a month or so and finally pulled the trigger on a Glock 20, pun intended, this weekend. The Gen 4 guns were a game changer for me. Gen3 and earlier guns feel like a 2x4 in my hands - and I have average size hands. The Gen 4 guns feel different and comfortable. I shot the 20 yesterday and was surprised how accurate I was able to shoot it right out of the box. On my 48, I tend to the the Glock thing - a tad low/left and have been playing with my grip. I did not have that issue with the 20 - everything right down center. Held 3-4" groups at 10-20 yards. Needless to say, I was really happy. Didn't try the Underwood 220s but that will happen soon.

A couple of questions for the Glockified Cru'

1) Is the low/left thing purely grip? I'd bet I have too much hand on the smaller Glock which is causing the low/left thing. Its only 1" low and left but it shouldn't be. The group size is good so whatever I'm doing, I'm doing consistently.
2) What are the aftermarket trigger choices? My plan for all my handguns is hunting/hiking/woods carry - which is to say they will see rain, mud, use. I'll stick with the OEM trigger if I risk losing reliability.
3) What upgrades should I consider with the 20? I think the Gen 4 guns have sufficient springs for Underwood/Buffalo Bore but some suggest stainless. What do you guys do with your 20's? BTW: I like the simplicity of the dot and U sight pattern. I find it easy to locate the front sight and re-acquire the target with that system. A fiberoptic may help if available.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Why the bad-word do you want to bad-word up your pistol? You clearly don't know your bad-word from a hole in the ground.