Originally Posted by JeffA

This guy is located on Mikchalk Lake right in the middle of Wood TikChik Park, it's nice but a little hard to get to.
There are a 3 barely navigable rivers that few have the skills to run along with miles and miles of open lakes between him and any road system.

I've always figured guys like this would be too challenged by the rapids and rollers in those rivers to even attempt a stab at running them...

But maybe they try, this is the first river between that nifty lodge and the road system and I see they have a method figured for scouting out the channel...

Golden Horn is miles up the lakes from there.

In 2006, myself and one other guy ran those rivers and paddled the lakes from Lake Kulik to the little town of Aleknagik in a 16' canoe. The only problem we had was on the Wind River just below Milkchalk Lake where there was a fisherman blocking the main water channel. We had to paddle into the chop to get around his boat. Our canoe was full of two guys and two backpacks. That was kind of thrilling.

I think a Zodiak with a jet-drive outboard (or any small boat with a jet drive outboard) would have no trouble negotiating the way to Golden Horn Lodge. He would have to take a lot of gas. But I don't know about anything big enough to carry a snow machine.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.