Have never seen or heard of a chain saw collection before. Closest to it would be guys who use them a lot and have a number of worn out CS's tossed in the back of a building in various levels of disassembly (robbed of parts). Interesting collection of saws.

Hoppes-Love the smell of the stuff. One of my foreman's on my heavy equipment crew always had a Hoppes Air Freshener in his pickup. Told him that's the only reason I got in his PU. My wife can always tell when I've been cleaning guns due to the 'Colleterial Damage' of Hoppes getting on my clothes and fingers. The 'old stuff' back when I was a kid in the 60's even smelled better than the current stuff. Called Hoppe's once and asked them why the change, they denied any change in formula or intentional smell, but there was. Have had a number of gun owners tell me a different smell from 'back in the day'. I came across an old Hoppe's kit several years ago complete with a unopened bottle of the 'old smell'. Treat myself to using it once in a while, sort of like a rare expensive bottle of whiskey, just metering it out once in a while. The Mrs likes the smell of Hoppe's.

I like the smell Ballistol too, an excellent bore cleaner. Use it all of the time with my black powder guns. A lot of the time I'll mix it with water in certain ratio's, but if ya let it set to long, the oil and water will separate and can be a PITA to remix. One time I had the brilliant idea to heat up the Ballistol/water mix that I had in a old small glass Hoppe's bottle, the type with the small neck (funnel style) opening. Stuck it in the microwave (in kitchen), set it for several minutes, but didn't intend to leave it that long. A phone call came and I lost track of what I "should be attending to" and all of a sudden heard a loud pop. Went over to the microwave and the solution had became over heated and the small funnel style top of the bottle acted sort like a jet engine rear restrictor likeness and the water/Ballistol shot out of there like a volcano eruption. Entire interior of the microwave was coated, not to mention the whole house smelling like a Ballistol factory. Before I could get things cleaned up, the Mrs walked in the door. I'll just say I was ordered never to do that again. Thread hijack, but had to say.