FWIW I have a Meopta Artemis 4x32 on my Brno .22 (predecessor of the CZ .22). It has a heavy duplex sort of reticle, in the European style. It is fairly compact and seems to suit the rifle very well. It has enough FOV for very close shots, and (to my mind) enough magnification for shots within the effective range of a .22 LR in the field. Being a fixed power means fewer lenses, which can only help in light transmission, and this little scope seems to perform very well in low light, and has very good optics.

On another .22 I have a 2 - 7 Bushnell Elite. Quite a decent scope, but I don't know that it offers any real advantage over a 4x with good optics, for field use on a .22. I also have various 1.5-4.5, 1.5-5, 1.5-6 and 2-7 scopes, and a few others too, but not on .22s, so it isn't as if I haven't tried them.

Over about 40 years since I bought the first one I've found a 4x scope seems to suit a .22 LR right down to the ground, for the use I have for it (shooting rabbits, hares, foxes, and the odd cat, at distances between a few yards and about 100). Maybe I'm just a bit stuck in my ways.